UCB Word For Today 14th September 2022 || When You’re Disappointed
Welcome to UCB Word For Today Tuesday Today’s 14 September 2022 remain blessed as you study and meditate on God’s Word. Kindly share with others.
UCB Word For Today 14th September 2022
Topic: When You’re Disappointed
Today’s Scripture: ‘I am deeply discouraged, but I will remember you. – Psalm 42:6 NLT
Today’s Word: UCB Word For Today 14th September 2022
Max Lucado says: ‘When God doesn’t do what we want it’s not easy; it never has been, and it never will be. Faith is the conviction that God knows more than us…and he’ll get us through. Disappointment is caused by unmet expectations…and it’s cured by revamped expectations…Don’t panic…don’t give up…be patient…God’s in control. It ain’t over till it’s over.’
So, when you’re disappointed:
1) Look inward. David asked, ‘Why am I discouraged? Why is my heart so sad?’ (v. 5 NLT). Admit how you feel. You can’t deal with what you don’t acknowledge. Ask God to show you the root of the problem. Is it pent-up anger? Envy? Unforgiveness? Pride? Lust? Physical and mental fatigue? Be open to what He reveals.
2) Look upward. David said, ‘I will put my hope in God! I will praise him’ (v. 5 NLT). Instead of focusing on your discouragement, focus on the One who knows the way out.
3) Remember God’s past faithfulness. David said, ‘I am deeply discouraged, but I will remember you.’ Through every trial Joseph clung to the assurance that God still controlled his destiny. Recalling God’s faithfulness builds your confidence that He’ll continue to provide.
4) Remember, you don’t have to understand. Just because you can’t figure out what God’s doing right now, doesn’t mean it won’t make sense later. He ‘causes all things to work together for good to those who love [Him]’ (Romans 8:28 NASB). 5) Don’t give in to bitterness. When your hopes are dashed, resentment can set in. ‘If God is for us, who can be against us?’ (v. 31 NKJV). Regardless of how deep the pit may seem, God is on your side!
Bible Reading: Isaiah 20-22, Galatians 6
Thanks for reading UCB Word For Today 14th September 2022
- NSPPD 14th September 2022 Prayer || Pastor Jerry Eze
- September 14, 2022 Seeds of Destiny || Learning For The Top