Open Heaven 23rd November 2021 | United In Rebellion
OPEN HEAVEN DEVOTIONAL FOR 23 NOVEMBER 2021 TUESDAY
TOPIC: UNITED IN REBELLION
MEMORISE: “Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:” – (Ephesians 4:13)
READ: Genesis 11:1-8 (KJV)
1. And the whole earth was of one language, and of one speech.
2. And it came to pass, as they journeyed from the east, that they found a plain in the land of Shinar; and they dwelt there.
3. And they said one to another, Go to, let us make brick, and burn them throughly. And they had brick for stone, and slime had they for morter.
4. And they said, Go to, let us build us a city and a tower, whose top may reach unto heaven; and let us make us a name, lest we be scattered abroad upon the face of the whole earth.
5. And the LORD came down to see the city and the tower, which the children of men builded.
6. And the LORD said, Behold, the people is one, and they have all one language; and this they begin to do; and now nothing will be restrained from them, which they have imagined to do.
7. Go to, let us go down, and there confound their language, that they may not understand one another’s speech.
8. So the LORD scattered them abroad from thence upon the face of all the earth; and they left off to build the city.
RCCG OPEN Heaven Today Devotional | MESSAGE:
Any coalition that does not have God and His perfect will as its focus is evil. Our memory verse today says we are only made perfect when we come to the unity of faith which comes from the knowledge of Jesus Christ – This Scripture is simply saying that when we are called to unite, we must first ask for the purpose of such union. This is because uniting with people blindly could result in untold agony, as we see in the case of Jehoshaphat the King of Judah and his unholy alliance with the idolatrous Ahab King of Israel (1 Kings 22).
It was only the mercy of God that spared Jehoshaphat from dying another man’s death. The unfortunate thing about an ungodly and rebellious alliance is that it always ends in frustration and shame. Psalm 2:4 says when people do this:
He that sitteth in the heavens shall laugh: the Lord shall have them in derision. We see this with the people at Babel in today’s Bible reading. They united in rebellion and God confounded their language, so they could not understand one another.
RCCG Open Heaven Devotional November 23 Pastor E.A Adeboye
The record in Psalm 2:2 teaches us several lessons. One is that God is always aware of any alliance to rebel against Him. The Almighty God will always reveal the evil plans of your enemies, in Jesus’ name. Two, God does not only expose the evil conspiracies, He also always does something about them. We see an example in Daniel 6:7-24 when the princes and presidents in Babylon conspired against Daniel. All those who are united against God’s purpose for your life shall be confounded and their purposes will be defeated, in Jesus’ name.
Three, when God arises to foil the plans of those who unite against Him and His people, He leaves them confused and in disarray. Your enemies will never be able to agree in their decision to destroy you, in Jesus’ name. Do not consent when rebellious people ask you to join them (Proverbs 1:10-15). Beloved, look inward: are you uniting in any form of rebellion? Now is the time to stop, if you are. If you are not, I congratulate you. May the Lord grant you the grace never to align yourself with rebels, in the mighty name of Jesus.
ACTION POINT: If the activities of your friends and those you spend time with are not in alignment with the word of God, part ways with them and make new friends amongst genuine children of God.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Revelation 12-17
OPEN HEAVEN 2021 | HYMNAL:
HYMN 12 – IN CHRIST ALONE MY HOPE IS FOUND
1. In Christ alone my hope is found
He is my light, my strength, my song
This Cornerstone, this solid Ground
Firm through the fiercest drought and storm
What heights of love, what depths of peace
When fears are stilled, when strivings cease
My Comforter, my All in All
Here in the love of Christ I stand.
2. In Christ alone! Who took on flesh
Fullness of God in helpless babe
This gift of love and righteousness
Scorned by the ones He came to save
Till on that cross as Jesus died
The wrath of God was satisfied
For every sin on Him was laid
Here in the death of Christ I live.
3. There in the ground His body lay
Light of the world by darkness slain
Then bursting forth in glorious Day
Up from the grave He rose again
And as He stands in victory
Sin’s curse has lost its grip on me
For I am His and He is mine
Bought with the precious blood of Christ.
4. No gift in life, no fear in death
This is the power of Christ in me
From life’s first cry to final breath
Jesus commands my destiny
No power of hell, no scheme of man
Can ever pluck me from His hand
Till He returns or calls me home
Here in the love of Christ I’ll stand.